Re: erro with Sound (deb unstable)

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 06:26:20PM +0000, rafael ferraz wrote:
> Every time the system boot up the sound just works for gnome error sounds and for  the xmms per exemple dont works and show that error:
>  ** WARNING **: alsa_setup(): Failed to open pcm device (hw:0,0): Dispositivo ou recurso está ocupado.
> (Translation: Device or resorce is busy)

This means that another application already is using the sound device and
that your sound card doesn't support hardware mixing of multiple sound
sources.

What you can do is enable the ALSA dmix plugin which will give you software
mixing and allow multiple programs to use the sound device at the same time.

To enable dmix, just drop the attached asound.conf file in your /etc
directory and restart any programs that use the sound device. That should be
all that's needed.

> In the syslog i find this warning message:
> Jul 28 23:37:59 localhost modprobe: WARNING: Error inserting snd_timer (/lib/modules/2.6.16-2-k7/kernel/sound/core/snd-timer.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
> (i dont find about nothing in dmesg with the words snd, timer, modprobe or snd-timer.ko)

I don't know what the cause of this is, but I'm certain it's not the cause
of your problem.

> And when the system is shuting down shows some warning message talking about a mismacht betwen kernel compilation and OSS compilation. (but i cant find the message in folder /var/log

Same as above...

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@vdbonline.com