Re: Temperature Problems

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:31:43PM +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:
> I have all the time a temperature around the 50 C or more. I'm sure
> there are any problem because before many months ago , the temperature
> was around the 40C or less. My question is, if there are any way to know
> if the problem is in the kernel (version 2.6.15.1), or for some
> application/daemon, or the worse, for some Hardware Problem ?

Do you know what version of the kernel you were running when the system was
cooler? It could possibly be the kernel's fault, but it's just a guess. IIRC
the kernel's default clock rate was stepped up from 100Hz to 1000Hz sometime
in the last year or so. AFAIK though the latest kernels (IIRC 2.6.17+) have
been dropped back down to 250Hz for these sorts of reasons.

Try 2.6.17 if you want. It might help. YMMV

>  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 5276 root       5 -10 75548  65m 7696 S 35.1  8.7   7:19.03 Xorg

This might also be something worth investigating. Is your Xorg using 35% CPU
when idle?

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@vdbonline.com