Re: Totem tries to close already closed drive, disables dma

At 1154662634 past the epoch, Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure where to report this bug, if it's a bug at
> all, and so I am posting it here

I'd suggest filing a bug (see the "reportbug" program)
against totem, or one of it's backends. Which are you using:
totem-gstreamer or totem-xine?

It's almost certainly a backend issue, i.e. gstreamer or
xine, so narrowing down which backend is being used would be
the first step.

> When playing with "codeine" player, there are no problems
> whatsoever, it does not disable the dma mode of my drive.

Codeine appears to use xine as a backend. If totem is using
the gstreamer backend, I'd guess the bug is in gstreamer.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/