Re: Film scoring software

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
On 8/3/06, Niall Donegan <niall@moybella.net> wrote:

Well, I'm not thinking so much of printing a score as syncing music to
video while composing.  Making markers for certain frames, if
possible.  For some reason, though, I don't have Lilypond.  I'll have
to go get it, I will need it one day.
If you do I suggest you get it from lilypond.org. The latest package in unstable is 2.6.3-10 and nobody seems to be packaging anything later. Lilypond has something called a GUB (Grand Unified Binary) which installs on most Linux systems including all 3 Debian flavors. The only downside might be having some redundant libraries installed on your machine. The latest stable GUB of Lilypond is 2.8.5 and the development version that I use is 2.9.14.

Paul Scott