Re: Temperature Problems

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 02:44:10PM +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:
Bruno Buys wrote:
gustavo halperin wrote:

Hello

I have all the time a temperature around the 50 C or more. I'm sure there are any problem because before many months ago , the temperature was around the 40C or less. My question is, if there are any way to know if the problem is in the kernel (version 2.6.15.1), or for some application/daemon, or the worse, for some Hardware Problem ?

The fans state is /off/, but if the temperature is to high, something about the 56 C, this state change to /on/. My hardware is Intel, the computer is a Toshiba Portege R100.
I know that the /top/ seems normal,
/    gusti:  more /proc/acpi/fan/FAN/state
   status:                  off/
but before many months ago I used my computer on my thigh, today this is impossible, the computer is to HUT.
 So ...

have you checked in the bios to see if it controls the fan based on
temperature? perhaps that temperature setting has been changed
somehow?

Not really, I didn't check the bios, but in the other way, If I forced the Fan to run (echo "force_on:1" > /proc/acpi/toshiba/fan), the CPU temperature doesn't down from a 44 C and the Mother Board temperature doesn't down from the 46 C, even if I do nothing in the computer.
In the other way I set the file "trip_points" in the next form:
       echo -n "62:0:32:37:39" > /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/trip_points
but the FAN, still start working only after the temperature is around the 59 C. I don't know from where this configuration is coming.
There are other place when the temperature settings are configured ??

  Thank you,
      Gustavo