Re: Debian on i486

Leonid Grinberg wrote:
Yes, I did mean floppy image. Sorry.

If you could send me one, that would be great!

Floppy image for a 1.44 MB PC style DSHD floppy along with instructions
sent under separate cover.

BTW, I always write protect the floppy before booting. This
causes an error report, because it wants to save its configuration
on the floppy. Anyway, I verified that the image I shipped you
boots my CDROM on my 486 machine whose BIOS does not recognize
the CDROM. Be sure to put the floppy in the BIOS boot seek list, and
put it ahead of the hard drive etc.

If you need the program to create more floppies, I can supply that,
as well.

I forgot to ask: do you know how to use a floppy disc image to
create a floppy? With Linux, use dd (probably need to be root),
and with MSDOS I can provide a program I wrote several years ago
to create it.

NB: I assume no responsibility for what happens if you boot from
a floppy made from that image. I exercised all due diligence in creating
it, and it works on my machine, but if it makes elephants fly out
of your nose, that is your problem. I'm trying to be a good Samaritan,
not take responsibility for your machine.

HTH and all that. Let me know how it came out. Good luck!

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.