Re: Where did the ethereal binary go?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 21:49:04 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:

>Bill Moseley wrote:
>>$ apt-cache policy ethereal
>>ethereal:
>>  Installed: 0.99.2-4
>>  Candidate: 0.99.2-4
>>  Version table:
>> *** 0.99.2-4 0
>>        500 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>>        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=ethereal&version=unstable&arch=i386
>>FILE                                                       PACKAGE
>>usr/bin/ethereal					   net/ethereal
>>$ rm -rf ether
>>$ dpkg-deb -x /var/cache/apt/archives/ethereal_0.99.2-4_i386.deb ether
>>$ find ether
>>ether
>>ether/usr
>>ether/usr/share
>>ether/usr/share/doc
>>ether/usr/share/doc/ethereal
>>ether/usr/share/doc/ethereal/copyright
>>ether/usr/share/doc/ethereal/changelog.gz
>>ether/usr/share/doc/ethereal/changelog.Debian.gz
>>Did the binary get moved someplace else?
>
>Didn't the ethereal project recently change names?  Don't know if it
>affected the package names in Debian yet.  Just a thought.

I saw the name wireshark go by during today's upgrade so it looks like
the name change has made it into Sid :-)

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

It says "My Computer" because Bill thinks that putting his software on
it makes it his. This explains a lot.
     -- unitron (/.)