Re: installation problem with SATA?

On 8/1/06, Deephay <tudoxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Through Gentoo wiki I found that it is a problem caused by the
SouthBridge chipset VIA VT8237A, and Gentoo provided a solution.
Anybody successfully installed debian with VT8237 SATA?

Most likely this doesn't apply (if I remember correctly what your
problem is), but some of the VIA chipsets (that only do SATA150) have
a problem with SATA 3.0Gb/s drives; speed negotiation doesn't work.
In order to get around this you have to use an extra jumper to set the
drive to SATA150.