Re: Exim4 does not respond to some hosts

Nick Wright wrote:
(1)  rfc1413_hosts and rfc1413_query_timeout (for ident
     calls). Firewalls sometimes block ident connections so that they
     time out, instead of refusing them immediately. This can cause
     this problem. See Q5023 for a discussion of the usefulness of
     ident.
For what it's worth, I don't think this is your problem. The ident delay
is about 10-20s by default (can't remember,) but certainly not five minutes.

The troubling thing is that from this particular machine I can send to
other machines fine -- just not to my box.

I have disabled the ident calls (according to doco -- i should
probably run a net monitor to see whats really going on here) yet the
problem persists..

Will continue to look into this...

Is it configured to do reverse DNS checks on incoming connections?