Re: Really stupid mutt question

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 04:56:47PM -0700, Heimdall Midgard wrote......

> Now deleting 1000 messages, which may or may not contain important
> or confidential data, is to me a less than optimal way to write a
> new message. So I would like to know what is the magic key I need
> to press to compose a *really* new message (i.e. to bypass or get
> rid of the postponed message menu)?

Go to /home/you/.muttrc and check for this config option:

set postpone = ask-yes

If it is not there, then insert it.  If it is there, then change it
to ask-yes.

Now next time you compose (m) an email it will ask you if you want
to recall the postponed messages or just go directly to the new
message.

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/publickey