Re: What's blocking port 1443 during boot?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:20:32 -0700, Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> said:

> I have an init.d script that starts two instances of Apache2.  It's a
> front-end/back-end server setup.  For testing the front-end Apache2
> listens on port 82 and 1443 (SSL).  The front end is a reverse proxy
> and proxies requests the back-end Apache2 on listening on ports 10082
> and 11433.

> During boot the back-end server starts, but the front-end server
> reports:

>     Server on port 82/1443
>     Apache start for front/test_production: (99)Cannot assign
>       requested address: make_sock: could not bind to address
>       xxx.97.158.169:1443
>     no listening sockets available, shutting down
>     Unable to open logs
>     Failed

Just a random guess: perhaps there's a configuration error, and Apache
is trying to bind to 1443 twice?  (So it binds once, and then fails when
it tries to bind a second time.)

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)