Re: where's gksuexec in Etch

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:38:14 -0400
Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net> wrote:

> Hello. I recently switched from Sarge to Etch. I used to use the > command "gksuexec" to run things as a different user (run as root).
> In particular, I used it to open "nautilus --no-desktop --browser".
> I've tried the command "gksu nautilus --no-desktop --browser" in the
> run application (alt-F2) box, but this doesn't work.

What happens? Do you see anything at all? Is there any output in
~/.xsession-errors?
First, thanks for your response.
Nothing happens when I try via alt-F2.  The file ~/.xsession-errors, reads:

gksu: unrecognised option `--no-desktop'
GKsu version 1.9.1

Usage: gksu [-u <user>] [options] <command>
............and it gives the standard help lecture, enlightening me of my choices.
The result of 'apt-file search gksuexec' is simply:

    gksu: usr/share/pixmaps/gksuexec-debian.xpm

Looks like the executable is gone.
Is there a way for me to request that it be put back in?  Who do I write to?

Mark