Re: Debian dspam as postfix content filter?

On Thursday 27 July 2006 13:00, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > I've implemented dspam on a Debian system.  Have you trained dspam yet?
>
> Um I think so...
>
> > It
> > will not filter out of the box, it must be trained.
>
> I have used dspam_train (the web frontend does not work out of the box)
> with balanced amounts of ham and spam.  Running:
>
> $ dspam_stats -H jaldhar
>
> as myself gives me nothing.
>
> $ sudo dspam_stats -H jaldhar
>
> works.  (which leads me to suspect a permissions problem.)  It gives me:
>
> jaldhar:
>                  TP True Positives:           5196
>                  TN True Negatives:           8935
>                  FP False Positives:             1
>                  FN False Negatives:           274
>                  SC Spam Corpusfed:             79
>                  NC Nonspam Corpusfed:           0
>                  TL Training Left:               0
>                  SHR Spam Hit Rate          94.99%
>                  HSR Ham Strike Rate:        0.01%
>                  OCA Overall Accuracy:      98.09%
>
> Which suggests dspam is trained does it not?  So I think for some reason
> dspam is simply not using its spam-fighting voodoo.  What could it be?
> Unfortunately even running it with debugging turned on tells me nothing.

OK, it believes it's catching spam.  Do you have it set to quarantine, or
simply pass the mail with something in the headers indicating Spam?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111