Re: printer recommendations

Glenn English wrote:
> Are HP laser printers still OK? Anybody have horror stories about the
> 4700? Or a better idea (color, laser, self contained server, heavy load)?
>
> TIA.

I like the Samsung CLP-550N (Note: don't get the 500 or 510, which do
not speak native postscript).  However, it is discontinued and hard to
come by.  If you can get one for under $500, I would jump on it.  It is
quiet, fast, and setup is a cinch with CUPS since it speaks native
postscript.  If you get a model without the trailing N (meaning it does
not include the network card) then you probably want to pay considerably
less.  Be careful as there are people out there selling the CLP-550 as
"network ready", which translates into "you will have to buy the $250
netowrk card from Samsung to put this on a network."

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto