Re: xmgrace partly broken under debian

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 11:09:35AM -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 11:15:19AM -0600, edwardsa wrote:
> > I'm running amd64 debian. Xmgrace does not allow me to enter text in the
> > Filter area of the Read sets window. This is true under both KDE and
> > gnome. Because I have not updated xmgrace in a very long time, and
> > because it has been working well for as long as I have had it (many
> > years), this seems to be a Debian issue.
>
> How long have you had the problem?  Sounds recent.  Stable, testing, or
> unstable?  If it's the latter two, (are the stable amd64 repositories?),
I was running the most stable possible. Remember that amd64 doesn't have
a stable candidate. Out of desparation (not just about xmgrace) I have switched
distributions to Fedora Core. It has exactly the same problem. There is a
thread on their development site that may pertain. I'll forward the original
posting. It is interesting that this problem is present in fedora core 5 but
not in fedora core 4. This is even true if one builds from sources!
The same symptoms exists for ddd.