Re: CPU temperature question

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 15:02, gustavo halperin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a temperature question. When I'm working, normally I see in a
> file '/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature' something between 51 C
> to 55 C.  It is not to much ?? If it is a problem, what can I do about ?

Your CPU manual can tell you the normal operating range for your CPU.
Generally under 70°C is where you want to be for most newer CPUs, and under
60°C for anything more than about 4 years old.

>  Another question, if I run the 'xsensors' application I see for example
> M/B Temp: 52.0 C and CPU Temp: 50.5 C, but if I run 'torsmo' application
> I see CPU Temp: 50.5 C and MB Temp: 52.0 C. So what is the right
> temperature and what is the temperature represented in a file
> '/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature'  ??

Depending on what your machine is doing when either of those programs are run,
they both very well could be correct.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber