pppoeconf doesn't work either

Hi again,

In trying to sort out my connection problems I found that pppoeconf wasn't installed. So I installed it, and pppoe. However, when I try pppoeconf it responds with "That option is not available. Try pppoeconf --help for details on usage". Sadly, I get the same response with pppoeconf --help. How do a fix pppoeconf? I hope that will lead to a solution.

I have also determined that I can load webpages, but very sporadically. I get almost no problems with gnu.org and similar plain html sites, but slashdot and other more formatted sites produce problem loading page errors most of the time, but every once in a while will actually load. When they do load it is often without any formatting, looking like the stylesheet has not been read.

Thanks,

Tyler

--
Tyler Smith