Re: Installing on a small root partition

I just found the following in the Debian Install manual (Appendix C.1 http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/apcs01.html.en):

# If not, you can put an entire recipe in one line. This example creates
# a small /boot partition, suitable swap, and uses the rest of the space
# for the root partition:
#d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string boot-root :: \
#    20 50 100 ext3 $primary{ } $bootable{ } method{ format } format{ } \
#    use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ /boot } . \
#    500 10000 1000000000 ext3 method{ format } format{ } \
#    use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } mountpoint{ / } . \
#    64 512 300% linux-swap method{ swap } format{ } .
# For reference, here is that same recipe in a more readable form:
#    boot-root ::

Perhaps this is what I need - a small boot partition, and the rest can be in the root partition. Any thoughts?

Anil Gupte
www.keeninc.net
www.icinema.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Johannes Wiedersich" <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de>