XFCE4/Thunar Trash bin problem (etch)

I'm setting up more old machines, this time using xfce4. This is a Knoppix alike distro, running with Debian Testing packages on its core. No sys/user software is installed from other repositories, just some other stuff.

PROBLEM:
I cannot find a way to give users a trash bin, xfce4 4.3.90.1-2, thunar 0.3.0beta1-3, (hal installed). I guess xffm4, which is present on Sarge can provide me that, but my first option is to leave the repositories as they are, with just /testing active. If you know some way I can make the trash bin available on thunar, please share with me =). Most of the time (95%) xfce4 will be used, nautilus/gnome will not be used, the default user won't have access to konqueror/nautilus/kde/gnome, just xfce4+thunar+few apps.

There are other things I'm trying to get rid of, such as iconbox panel plugin always loading (cannot remove xfce4-panel), mounting memory cards with thunar (maybe I'll use some script I found/tweaked), xfcalendar not available. My main problem is the lack of a trash bin on the file manager.

 thanks!