Re: KWorld TV878 TV Tuner problem

Santanu Chatterjee wrote:

Hi,

I thought installing VMware and loading windows xp on it to view tv would be
the last resort. But after 5 hours of work (installing VMware, compiling
required kernel modules, installing winXP on it), I found that the KWorld
windows driver could not even detect the TV878 card :-(

I am pretty much sure the card is 78, but the tuner I am using is not the
right one... but I have tried _all_ the tuners!!

Any other ideas? Anyone? Please.

Regards,
Santanu

so far as i understand, the winxp will not drive your real system, but the virtual one. That's why there's no tv card in it. Take a look at vmware's docs to see what system is being emulated.