"netlink_lookup: write failed: Connection refused"

Since I upgraded to a 2.6 kernel a few months ago, I've been getting
this message from logcheck (from syslog)

  identd[12299]: netlink_lookup: write failed: Connection refused

at irregular intervals (sometimes several times in an hours, sometimes
not for a few days).  I've googled for it but haven't been able to
find an explanation of it.  It doesn't seem to correlate with any
network problems and upgrading to a higher 2.6 kernel hasn't changed
it.

Is it significant?  Do I need to fix anything or should I just add it
to logcheck's ignore-rules?

Thanks,
Adam