Re: how to scroll wheel events to multimedia keys in kde?

Toshiro wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a Genius Ergomedia 700 keyboard that has tons of extra
> keys.
>
> I've been able to map all of them except an included scroll wheel,  I have
the
> scancodes that generates but I don't know which command should I map so it
> behaves exactly as a mouse scroll wheel.
>
> Anyone knows how to do this?
>
> Regards,

Perhaps have a look at IMWheel;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/imwheel
http://imwheel.sourceforge.net/

BTW -- do you happen to have these entries in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (if using
Xfree86) -or- /etc/X11/Xorg.conf (if using Xorg);
=================================
[...]
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection
[...]

The relevant entries are on the "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" line.

Or... are you not using X at all ?? ..oh wait, you said KDE in the
"Title"...Doh! (but not the thread/post :-( ...tsk, tsk :-))

Regards