Re: Using remote apps on local X server

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:17:25 -0500
Bob Smither <bob@smither.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions as to why I can't run the remote app and see it
> locally?

Aloha,

Why not use vnc-server and vnc-client.

For instance, you could install tightvncserver (- virtual network
computing server software) on your server machine (working machine) and
just start it as a reguler user with "$ vncserver".

You install vncviewer on the client and connect to the server with
vncviewer machine_IP_or_DNS_name:display_nu, ie vncviewer my_server:1 .

--
"Infinite Love Is The Only Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion!"
      PGP:0xE6359031 ICQ:32812963 MSN:mito_cro@hotmail