Re: new Package of the Day features

On Monday 03 July 2006 11:23 am, Angelina Carlton wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> Have you removed -doc packages? personally I like to know about -doc
> packages, and especially packaged books, like autobook and rutetbook
> This stuff is nice to have IMHO.

Yes, I've filtered those out.  They don't add enough to justify keeping
them in the rotation.  Compare, for example, apt and apt-doc.  Most
descriptions for 'apt-foo' will be like 'Contains documentation for foo
in various formats', and the interesting exceptions are rare.
Similarly, -dev, -dbg, -i18n-, and some others are filtered out.

Note that the filtering is currently just done by a regex on the package
name, so .*book will be be left in.  (autobook and rutebook are left
out because they're in non-free, not because they're filtered.)

OT PS: aptitude -vvvvvv moo

--
Peace,
Aaron Maxwell - http://redsymbol.net