Re: Support for Intel 915GM 910GML Chipset Family

Inder [GTL] wrote:
Hi.

I have tried installing Debian 3.1r2 on my laptop. The chipset installed on
it is Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset Family. Initially I selected
vga option while configuring the display device driver, which gave a very
bloated image on the desktop. To rectify that I reinstalled debian and
selected i810 driver, this made the desktop disappear altogether.
i have 945gm chipset that works fine. so i presume 915gm might work as well. what does 'disappear altogether' mean? you are not able to start X? what are the error messages?

btw, you don't have to reinstall debian to change the device driver in xorg - dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg should be fine.

what are the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log? (just the relevant parts). i810 driver should work fine with this.
also posting you xorg.conf together with lspci and lsmod output would help.

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"