Re: etch - no /dev/lp0

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 21:29:17 +0300, Artem Zolochevskiy wrote:
> hi all
>
> There is no /dev/lp0 on fresh installed etch.
> I must load lp module manually. Is it ok? What programm is responsible for
> module loading?

lp0 is one of the devices that currently pose some sort of chicken and
egg problem for udev. (see /usr/share/doc/udev/README.Debian.gz) You can
add the lp module to /etc/modules to make sure that the device is
created again on reboot.

There is already a bug report, featuring profanity on both sides:

Regards,
          Florian