rhythmbox

Just did a general upgrade in etch and accepted all bugs and have problems now with rhythmbox, which won't play any MP3s now. it'll play OGG files, but not MP3s. Trying to fix it, I came across some directions for testing files with gstreamer, and I realise that rhythmbox considers itself a Gnome app, but I'm using KDE. I don't have gstreamer installer, it looks like a heavy-weight Gnome component, maybe even a daemon but I'm not sure.
So to test, I should install gstreamer, but I'm not convinced I need gstreamer at all in KDE. But perhaps rhythmbox has changed now to work only under Gnome.

Anyone know what the situation is?

Adam