Re: aptitude update gpgv error

W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2006/06/msg00061.html

are you sure it applies to our problem as well? i can't see any reference to gpgv in that post:

W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian
Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

# gpgv -v
gpgv: can't allocate lock for `/root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg'
gpgv: keyblock resource `/root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg': general error

indeed, trustedkeys.gpg is not present. when i create it by touch trustedkeys.gpg, this error disappears, but the error from aptitude persists.

any hints? thanks,

I'm not sure whether this is a problem or not I am afraid.
since apt/aptitude reports problem with gpgv i thought this was the suspect... well, maybe i was wrong...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"