Re: Did Libranet ever make available the source code for their Admin utility and their other add-ons?

Robert Glueck wrote:

Libranet took Debian, added their famed Admin utility, an
installer and a bunch of other perks to it and then
marketed it for pay.

And not much pay, at that.
I bought 2 and 2.8.1. when I was just starting out.
If I got stuck, they were always happy to help via email before they got their forums going.

  Did they ever return their coding
efforts to the open source community, e.g. by making
available the source code of their add-ons or giving back
to the FOSS in any other way?

Yes.

  Were they required to do so
by the GPL?

Yes.

Robert

Don't push this one.
Danzig the elder died not so long ago.
It hit Danzig the younger fairly hard, and he needed to take a break to reassess what direction the project was going to take, if any.
Last I heard he was heading for Israel.

Libranet was one of the few efforts to supply a source code CD with their distribution CD originally. Costs got on top of that for $15 - $20 Australian and international shipping, but they were always happy to supply it if asked.
It was always available if required, and that's all that's required.
Regards.