Re: Hello Nethelpers [SSH / PUTTY]Strange behaviour with telnetd

Hi, sorry I don’t understand how the mailing list works.

Should I reply directly from my mail client : gmail in IE6 ?

Or should I do what I do now, reply to my own thread in the list itself ?

Anyway you wrote :

« which is decoded
automatically by the SSH daemon on the Debian side. »

How could sshd automatically decode data sent by the PuTTY session

If it does not have the key to do it ?

I have one ssh manual, 2 ssh howto, the complete sshd man pages,

The complete 7000 lines of PuTTY printed documentation,

 But I can’t find where they deal with having duplicate of the same encrypted key

On both client and server.

If at any moment the encrypted key travels across the network through the router/bridge,

Which has a private ip on the internet,

Then a cracker might sniff it.

Please be patient, I’m pretty dumb for starters

Later it gets worse ;-)

Regards,