eth2_temp

  first of all, sorry for breaking the thread. it's all Florian's fault :)
also note that I'm still not subscribed to this list, so please cc: me in
the answers.

On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:30:08 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> You probably have a misconfiguration of udev. Post the contents of the
> file /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules and we will see. The
> output of "ls -l /sys/class/net/" is also important.

  yes, that was it. I had two of the ifaces marked as eth0, so one of
them ended being this eth2_temp_temp one. I think the problem was that I
had a rtl8139 at first, and later added two nics: another rtl8139 and a
3com. the 3com was detected before the rtl's, but I guess udeb should be
smarter than this.

--
Marcos Dione
Departamento de Cómputos

Facultad de Ciencias QuÃmicas - Universidad Nacional de CÃrdoba