Re: How to find right video card driver

On Sunday 28 May 2006 14:58, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to configure my xorg.conf file.  Is there
> anywhere that shows the whole list of drivers that xorg recognises?  Also
> how do you use lspci info to decide which driver is best?  Thanks.

What is your video card? If you provide that information, someone on this list
can advice as to which driver you should use. Most video cards work with vesa
driver but the performance could be sub-optimal.

Install the package xserver-xorg-video-all and configure X using

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

most likely dpkg-reconfigure will pick the right driver for you. If it does
not pick the right driver then that would be a bug in dpkg-reconfigure.

raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about