x11-common: I fiddled with the X11 symbolic links

Trying to fullfill x11-common's postinst requests, I'm pretty certain I
messed up my X11 lib / bin / include directories and symlinks.

Where can I find a description of what the standard X11 directory setup is
(for sid), with details about the
/usr/lib/X11 /usr/bin/X11 and /usr/include/X11 symbolic links,  so I can fix
my box ?

Here's the detail of what happened :
first, x11-common.postinst claimed that /usr/bin/X11 "points to wrong
location". (It was pointing to ".")
I then tried various other destinations, read the postinst script for
insight, and no luck.
At some point I typed
apt-get -f install x11-common instead of just apt-get -f install, and then
got a dialog information about the symlink issue.
from then on I managed to rework various symlinks :
/usr/bin/X11
/usr/lib/X11
/usr/include/X11
in a way that satisfied x11-common.postinst.

but now a few X programs exhibit issues. for instance xdtv :
open("/usr/lib/X11/locale/common/xlcDef.so.2", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)
write(2, "Warning: Unable to load any usab"..., 43) = 43

and I had to alter symlinks again so it could find the X11 locale
directory...

I wasnt paying enough attention in the process so I can't say for sure what
the precise steps where in that faulty update. I'm guessing it might all be
caused by my /usr being a symlink itself...

--
Samuel