switching games between fullscreen and window

Hi,

is there any way to switch between fullscreen and window mode in games
that use SDL, like Quake4 and X2 (X2 demo for now)?

There must be some way because when windows pop up while playing in
full screen, the X2 demo is switched to a window and back. Quake4 has
trouble with that, though.

Since the demo of X2 doesn't allow to save the game, I could switch it
to a window, suspend it and later resume.

(Before anybody complains about abusing the demo, I have the full
version of X2 preordered about 1/2 year ago.)

GH
--
Life is hard; and then you die.