Re: best way to secure communication?

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:53:31PM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> On (18/05/06 00:30), lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> [snip]
> > And then, ssl is only so much secure
> [snip]
>
> I think if you are worried about the security afforded by ssl you might
> have to rethink your approach.

Well, I don't know how secure ssl actually is. Afair I've been reading
that they came up with hardware devices that can do ssl decoding in
realtime.

If I'm going to secure it, I want to do it right as far as
possible. The other side of the communication is of course the biggest
problem, but I don't have influence on that. So you might argue that's
it's a very questionable or futile attempt in the first place ...

GH