Re: dhcp, router and debian

On 5/15/06, Alle Meije Wink <alle_meije@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed a D-Link DI-524 wireless/ethernet router between my
cable modem and my PC. It worked fine on the first 5 (or so) sessions,
but now when I start up debian, the startup item `ATM' takes ages to
finish (it says `exim4' in the end) and I have no internet connection in

Are you sure you aren't seeing MTA?
If you are, that is probably exim starting, which on a few of my
systems caused boot delays. This caused no problem however, in my case
at least.

exim is the systems mailer, delevering mail between users, on certain
events, etc.

Have you tried ifconfig after you are logged in? You will have to
either use sudo, or su from a non-privelaged account.

<snip>