Re: etch network install iso images with latest kernel version 2.6.x

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 17:18 -0500, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

At the beginning of the year there was a 150 MB file on Debian.org to create a network installation CDROM for etch. I can't find that anymore although I did find the multiple iso images.

I was interested in the etch network CDROM because it contained one of the latest kernels at the time, 2.6.12. Perhaps an update would have an even later version?

A hint at getting thru the maze would be helpful. BTW, has a

Greg Folkert replied on Fri, 12 May 2006 00:26:37 -0400:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/

daily-builds
weekly-builds

Or even etch_di_beta2

Just follow down. I wouldn't use the sid_di

	I managed to find the etch 2 beta net installation iso file and created a CDROM which would have the 2.6.15 kernel.  Would this 'update' my new box if I install over the first beta?  Since I don't have any data on the new box that I need to keep. (I'm doing my email, etc. on this old box, Gcomm.), I thought that this would be a quick and dirty way to upgrade the kernel without bothering with how to go from a mkinitrd kernel to one using either yaird or intraramfs(sp?) tools or whatever magic is currently being used.

--
(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless, http://counter.li.org/, No. 365760.
Linux Gcomm 2.6.12-1-686 #1 Fri Jun 24 12:17:14 CEST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux