Re: More X Problems Today

Toshiro wrote:
> Well, that's what you say, but the fact is that all the major problems I've
> ever experienced with sid were always related to x-server; their performance
> looks very poor to me.

This just indicates that you haven't used sid long enough. After you've
used it ten years, you will probably be familiar with:

 - a ld-linux.so bug that makes it impossible to run any dynamically
   linked program
 - a buggy script that runs rm -rf $VAR/ , with $VAR not set..
 - a kernel upgrade that doesn't boot
 - a kernel upgrade that doesn't see your hard drive anymore

After that, minor issues with X are hardly noticeable.

If you can't handle each of those type of major, system crippling
problems at least once per ten years, then please consider running stable
or testing.

--
see shy jo