Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On May 4, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Curt Howland wrote:

On Thursday 04 May 2006 17:55, Rich Johnson was heard to say:
So move to VT and live closer to your dream.  You can even join the
ranks of those railing against the flatlanders as you're out
looking for dinner.  But beware, you'll always be a "come here",
never a "been here".

What? That makes no sense what so ever, unless you are trapped into
the "survivalist" cave-dweller image fed to you by Hollywood in the
early 1980's.

You're talking to one with deep VT roots here--though raised in NY hard by the VT border. Folks do put food on the table using guns. The take on the land I hold there runs ~4-5 bucks/sq mi/ yr. Those ''nuisance'' laws come in handy for off-season pest removal. Tasty too!

Only troopers carry handguns.

Alas, I'm in Boston most of the time now.  It's a different world.