Re: problems in gnome/gdm after weekend etch upgrade

Rick Reynolds wrote:

[ ... ]

SOLUTION CONFIRMED

I tried a minimalist solution first, which didn't work:

I moved the ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard directory and attempted a login to gnome. This did not seem to have any real effect and gnome hung again.

The solution recommended in the above thread worked well:

I moved the entire ~/.gconf directory away and was able to login to gnome. There weren't all that many things that I had to change back, actually. Which I guess means I hadn't customized too many things that weren't already customized via my favorite theme.

Thanks for the help, and I apologize for repeating the problem description in a new thread. For some reason I didn't catch that the other problem reports were also describing my problem.

Rick Reynolds

Thanks for the confirmation. Its always nice to know that I am not the only one experiencing a problem!

Chris.