Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

Steve Lamb wrote:
> Willie Wonka wrote:
> > Oh - and I use Mozilla Mail - but this list (and others) have w-a-y
too
> > much mail for me to d/l and sort through - which is why I prefer
> > webmail over pop3. I did subscribe to this list (for 10 minutes)
once,
> > but again, it's too tedious to try and use the webmail's severly
> > hampered interface to delete, organize, etc...plus I do NOT use
> > javascript in my browsers (except on occasion), and that makes it
even
> > 10x worse than what I described.
>
> Xen hosted virtual machine: $11.50/month
> Gb of bandwidth at LAN speeds: Included
> Debian installed to spec: $0
>
>     Running your own mail service the way you want, including
webmail, IMAPD
> and server side filtering... priceless.

ahh...now you've got the wheels spinning upstairs - but perhaps I can
setup my own Mail Server eventually (IMAP). I really am trying to learn
more and more about all the networking, firewalling, interfacing
issues, MUA/MTA, etc (iptables, shorewall, etc ,etc ad-nauseum) - but
as you say, for $12/month - not too shabby for some peace and
tranquility, without the hassle.

Thanks

Regards