Re: automount usbdisk , hardisk or cdrom in gnome 2.14

Surachai Locharoen wrote:
> I install gnome 2.14. When I insert usbdisk or cdrom, there is no
> automount action take place. I can mount mannually from command line.
>
> However I can't manually mount usb disk because I can't find
/dev/sda1
> or /dev/sda which I use to mount usb disk.
>
> could you suggest how to obtain automount feature again and why
/dev/sda
> disappear?
>
> Kan

"Sarge" is the version of the Debian GNU/Linux OS.
"Gnome" is a Desktop Environment (DE, like KDE is also)....one can
have/use *both* at the same time...  are you by chance using a LiveCD
now?

Is it possible that Gnome (like KDE), defaults to *show* only "certain"
Device Icons for certain device types? Such as: in KDE Desktop config,
one can enable/disable the 'showing' of a whole assortment of unmounted
and/or mounted device types (CDROMs, HDDs, 5.25" Floppy drives, ZIP
disks, NFS Resource, Samba, Printers, etc).

~$ mount
will (should?) show you all your currently mounted devices, IIRC

If not - another guess is you need an entry in /etc/fstab perhaps(?) -
note; I'm not too familiar with the way [udev, d-bus, hal] work...but
please post your Kernel version. Look up [Message-ID:
clcei3-9l6.ln1@eniac.xs4all.nl] on
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&; for more about that.

Output of;
~$ uname -a
should be fine for that kernel info, and output of
~$ cat /etc/fstab
for your current entries

Regards