Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> writes:

> On Monday 01 May 2006 21:02, Matthias Julius <lists@julius-net.net>
> was heard to say:
>> The same is true for drugs and other controlled substances.  Would
>> you vote making them freely available?
>
> At every opportunity. If you don't approve, then don't use them.
>
> This is merely a restatement of what I have already written: Do not
> advocate the use of force against me when I have done you no harm.
>
> It is no different than making Windows illegal because it's so easy to
> hack into and "abuse". Or making women wear full-body-covering
> clothes because otherwise they will "tempt" men. It's all the same
> argument, and if you disapprove of one, then you're a hypocrite for
> supporting some others.

The use of drugs mostly harms the one who uses it.  To prevent people
from hacking Windows is Microsofts interest, so they can decide it
weather to distribute it.  Women can decide whether they want to
"tempt" men.  Everybody can decide what to do with his live.  I would
support that.

In the contrary people with guns usually harm somebody else.  After
someone has harmed me it is too late to advocate the use of force
against him.

Matthias