Re: dhclient acting up -- loss of IP address

Mumia W wrote:
Tom Allison wrote:

I have a problem with my dhclient on my debian box.

It keeps picking up an IP address and then losing it in a few seconds.
[...]

Could it be that you accidentally installed the zeroconf package?

I did install zeroconf, it was brought in as a Add-in based on another package.
Unfortunately I don't think I know my way around the aptitude system well enough to know what package was selected to bring this one along. But I'm going to guess it was related to kino/ieee1394 libraries. That was the last thing I was mucking around with and that still isnt' working.