Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Steve Lamb wrote:

>     No, they're not the same, Paul.  First off I can see and point out potholes
> in the roads and get them fixed.  I do not consider what the public schools in
> this nation as educating.  While I may benefit from an educated public I do
> not see such an educated public.

As I see it, there are three major problems with public education:

- A bureaucracy so big and unweidly it makes it close to impossible for
educators to actually educate
- The mistakes we make today won't be visible for about 15 to 20 years
- People sending their kids there is a tacit acceptance of the state
indoctrinating their children
- Public schools become a ground for experimenting with social policy
(look at the "progressive" military personnel policies during the
Clinton administration)

OK.  That was actually four, but you get the point.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto