Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Monday 01 May 2006 14:03, Kent West wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
> >     Well, how many of those have aircraft flying out of them that have
> > the capacity to do damage to a building on the scale of 9/11.
> >

> >     Want to know what we should be worried about?  The unregulated and
> > lax security around rental trucks.
>
> I've always thought trains are what we should worry about. Can you
> imagine the damage a fully-loaded freight train would do if it were
> hijacked and driven down a busy street?

If history around Portland's Brewery Blocks is any indication, not much.
On-street tracks are typically run down the suicide lane or on the
centerlines, unless they're frequently used, in which there's usually one
track going each direction in the leftmost lane of the street...

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber