Errors using shfs

   Hi
Anybody having problems with shfs? I'm trying to write to a shared dir with shfs, between two debian sarge machines.
   I do

dd if=/dev/hdd of=/home/bruno/shared-shfs-dir

but dd can't get to the end. It writes some 44mb from 660mb then it ceases (hdd is my dvd-writer, i'm copying a cd to the other machine). When I try to browse the contents of the shared dir, its like there's nothing inside, so, shfs stopped working. I can't remove the shfs module, because 'it's being used'. When I forcedly remove and reinsert, it segfaults. Is dd producing too much data at once, for shfs? With scp my intranet can transfer at ~10mb/s.
thanks!