updating ati drivers

Dear Debian users,
I have been using debian for several days now and I like it very much
but the problem is that every time I wish to use it, i must swap back
and forth from my normal video card to my junky built in one. This is
because my video card (an X800XL for the record (and its a genuine ATI
not an off brand)) is not supported by the drivers built into debian.
I have looked for instructions on updating the ATI drivers in debian
but they are all extremely complicated and way too time consuming for
me. Can anybody please give me a brief explanation or a link to one
that can be done in less than an hour?

--
Remeber! a sad face is a happy face! :D