(SOLVED^_^)Re: More info -Re: How to install a downloaded printer driver?

--- Christopher Nelson <chris@cavein.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 09:17:57PM -0800, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 07:47:55PM -0800, lmyho wrote:
>
> > Try downloading the cupswrapper deb from the brother site:
> > http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_drivers.html#de
> > and installing it.  The directions on:
> > http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_wrapper_install.html
> > seem to suggest that may be all that is required.  Otherwise, remove the
> > driver and wrapper from your system ('apt-get remove <packagename>' or
> > your favourite package manager) and try the driver mentioned earlier in
> > the page the wrapper is on.
>
> The page also suggests that you need C-shell to run the driver.  An
> 'apt-get install csh' should do the trick.

THANK YOU so much Chris!!!  It worked!!!!!^.^  I finally have things PRINTED out but
not white papers throwed out!  Great!

THANK YOU!!!!!

It is really a helpful place, I am very grateful, and hope to get more help from
here:-))  (Debian newbie just the third days, still trying to figure out the system
puzzles, will ask for more help:-))
leo