Re: Is anyone using wake-up on A7N8X deluxe *with* 2.6.15 ?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:14:11 +0100
Dominique Dumont <domi@komarr.grenoble.hp.com> wrote:

> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> writes:
>
> > Which wake-upmethod are you using? I'm using nvram-wakeup on my
> > knoppmyth box with kernel 2.4.27-?? and it works great. Haven't
> > tried it on a 2.6 kernel yet, but would be willing to try.
>
> I also use nvram-wakeup.
>
> Until 2.6.11, the automatic wake-up worked perfectly.
>
> Since, I have quite a lot of trouble even if I don't try to change the
> wake-up time. Setting up the wake-up time through bios

huh? If you can't get the wakeup time to work properly through the bios, then you have bigger problems that which kernel version you're using. What I will say, is my ASUS A7N8X-E requires a reboot after setting the time to get it so stick. So I set the time and reboot to a dummy kernel that just shuts down the machine. works perfectly.

anyway, you have to solve the bios problem first.

or nvram-wakeup